Tuesday 25 October 2011

Back to Life

So last weekend, two of my most wonderful friends came to stay for the weekend. We meandered round sunny hills and dales, ate (a lot of) cake, drank (obscene amounts of) tea and generally mooched.

Before they arrived, I had, without really realising it, been feeling generally quite cross and unsettled. No real reason why, as far as I can remember, but I was only really aware of it once it had subsided - one of those "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" moments (apparently, it works both ways).

When the weekend was over, I realised how relaxed I felt and how much I had missed them.

This week is half term, and I have so far mostly spent it flitting between Northampton and Market Harborough. Today was a Most Marvellous day, with two of my most excellent friends, and a friend of a friend I am slowly getting to know. We spent it walking through woods, strolling through tree tops, eating (a rather restrained amount of) cake and drinking (a respectable amount of) tea/coffee. It was a day of sunshine and jumpers and photos and non-pretentiousness.


I have missed you!


I'm realising that being on the same wavelength is mightily important.

Mutual understanding and shared enjoyment make life so much more enjoyable.



"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" John 10:10

2 comments:

  1. I hoped our most marv day might make the cut :) Love! x

    P.S. Snail mail impending (I know it was impending last time too, but, you know, it's impending, like, a bit more now) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was too marv not to be mentioned :-)

    And you know what they say about... something to do with increased anticipation increasing the appreciation of the thing you've been anticipating. Or the longer you wait, the better the... surprise? Or something. Perhaps they don't say anything like that.

    Maybe they should...

    ReplyDelete