Thursday 17 March 2011

Sub-Mission

So, not being in charge of a department has many benefits...

For example, not being Head of Department means I have fewer meetings, less paperwork and hardly any call to use the telephone. For all of these factors, I am honestly grateful. (Except for the meetings - sometimes they can be quite interesting...)

However, working under an authority can also prove quite tricksy sometimes. Especially when there are differences of ideas, mis-(or non-) communications and general personality clashes.

I won't go into detail. Partly because it would be very unprofessional, and partly (mostly) because I live in fear of being discovered.

I will say this, though: I'm a bit fed up of feeling like I'm rubbish at my job. I'm not very good at retaining details, like dates and times, but that's why I write them down. Also, I'm not very good at telepathy, and absorbing unspoken bits of information, but apparently that's essential in my job at the moment. Something to work on, I suppose. Put it on my CPD targets.

Anyway, I have been put in this position, and in this position I will do the best I can.
With the best attitude I can.
With all the patience and professionalism I can muster.

But I'll be honest - sometimes submission is more mission than it is sub.



"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God"
Romans 13:1

No comments:

Post a Comment