This weekend I have learnt:
- I am able to resist buying beautiful cashmere jumpers from Cath Kidston. This was made far easier by the £105 price tag.
- Effectively maintaining one's car leads to a better functioning vehicle. Who knew?! (I added oil to my angry-sounding engine, and now it purrs like a satisfied tabby)
- Cambridge still feels familiar and homely, even though I haven't lived there since 2009, and only really lived there for 9 months. Weird. But nice weird.
- "Flight of the Conchords" makes me laugh.
- Singing ridiculously loudly in my car is hugely satisfying.
- Adding a few ground almonds, mixed spices and an extra ounce of butter creates quite a delicious mince pie pastry.
- People are complex and occasionally unfathomable. And that's ok. I don't have to fathom them all the time.
Also: so far, I have bought no items of clothing, jewellery or shoes. Cambridge market had a LOT to tempt me (for example the Banksy balloon girl on a t-shirt, and beautiful ceramic jewellery imprinted with images of dragonflies and/or flowers), but I was not tempted. Well, I was, but I didn't give in to the temptation.
Also (also): someone read out this verse this morning. I needed to hear it, and consequently wrote a song based on it. So, thanks, Someone:
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"