Sunday 2 January 2011

Resolving #2

So, 2010 was "the year for being honest".

It got me in a few situations, but also out of a few more, in a respectable and clear-conscienced way.

It made me think, what could 2011 be the year for?

I could go with an idea stolen from my sister, and make it "the year for saying yes". Or I could stick with the original, and go with "the year for still being honest".


I think I will make it "the year for making an effort".


That way, I will hopefully be driven to do all things to the best of my ability - including the difficult things like talking to people I don't know/don't know very well, and going to events where I won't know anyone, and giving people lifts in my car.

(weird - I drove 2 1/2 hours to Bristol, down 4 motorways - never having driven on a motorway in my life - and back again, in the space of 24 hours, but I couldn't bring myself to offer one of my best friends a lift. I'm not sure why - I think it's coz I think I'm really bad at driving (I am pretty bad at driving), and I was too ashamed to let him see me be bad at something. Eugh, pride. Begone!).

Anyway, I think that will be it.

2011: "The year for making an effort".



"whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment