Wednesday 11 April 2012

John Lennon

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"

I have this quote on a t-shirt.

Then I stumbled across it in one of my dad's books I was reading last Saturday evening.



That prompted me to wear it on Easter Sunday, so I had it emblazoned across my torso on Sunday morning.



Then I stumbled across it again in one of my little sister's books I was reading on Easter Sunday afternoon.

Thrice in fewer than 24 hours.


Are you sending me a message, John?


It feels similar in sentiment to the following... "Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce." (Jeremiah 29:5)

I know they're not saying the exact same thing, but the underlying message is:
This IS Life.


There is a time for transience, and a time for moving on. There is, of course, always room for improvement, and getting better, and trying new experiences and living in different places and meeting new people and looking to the future...

This, however, is life.



This, right here, right now. This actual life, this actual moment - THIS IS LIFE.


I don't want to waste it waiting for a better one.




I don't want to miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment